Wednesday 23 March 2011

springing back to life...

After a long hard year, there have been a couple of days this week when I have finally felt good. The weight has been lifted a little, and there is a spring in my step. Spring is everywhere, in fact.
I've been at the allotment every morning this week, and it's been gorgeous. Here are a few haikus I wrote there this morning, along with some photos...

As sun gently shines
The wood pigeon nods his head.
We share a moment.


In the morning sun
Birdsong rings out everywhere
It's the sound of spring


In a playful mood
Sunshine kisses my shoulder
With whispering wind


Like easter bonnets
Daffodils brighten the day
With a yellow splash


Ladybirds brighten
Deadwood on the compost heap
With polka dot macs








Just for a moment
Silence sweeps through the garden.
Time seems to stand still.

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment