Friday 3 February 2012

Lost and Found...

The words for the spoken word bit on the previous blog...


Lost and Found…

The blank page reflects my
Blankness…

“Hello stranger; where have you been?”

Where have I been?
Where am I?
Where was I?
How did I
Slide
                                So far
                                                Away?

Without even
Realising?

Pretending I was too busy, I
Disconnected.
I switched off my inner voice…
Tried to ignore the whisper, the wise words
Crying out to be heard…
But I knew it was there all along;
The gentle voice,
Wise and strong.
I just needed to create
A bit of

Distance.
Press ‘pause’ for a while.
Because sometimes
Ignorance

Is bliss.

Or that’s what I tried to tell myself,
As I drifted,
Faltered,
Mourned
And grieved….
Feeling lost.
All the while ignoring my inner guide’s call

As my soul wailed a mournful song that went
Unheard…

But now with rueful smile I find that all along
It was me I’ve missed most of all…

Hello stranger; your lament is done!
Come; step out of the shadows
Back into the sun.
Step forward
Come on;
Come
Into the sun…

Stepping forward, I shiver
And feel
The ice start to melt…
The ice starts to melt.
It feels
Good.

3rd Feb 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment